At AAMP Global Limited T/A CTi we respect your data and are committed to its protection
This document aims to provide clarity of data consent in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the EU Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and the corrigendum published in the OJEU of 23 May 2018. (the Act) and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (as defined by the Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications (Amendments etc) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (the UK GDPR) (together with the Data Protection Legislation).
The data controller is AAMP Global Limited of Woolmer Way, Bordon, Hants, GU35 9QE.
What you will find in this document:
– Details about the personal data we collect
– The reasons why we collect your data
– Third-Party involvement in data collection and processing
– Details about the time your data will be stored and processed for
– Your rights to change, delete and request a copy of your personal data
– How to contact us and the ICO regarding your data
– And finally, a detailed list of cookies
The personal data we may collect
We may collect and process the following data types:
Any information that you provide by filling in forms on our website aampantennas.com, including information you provide when registering for our newsletter and requesting further services. For example, by downloading a catalogue or filling out our contact form.
This information includes, but is not limited to:
– Your Name and/or your Company Name
– Your Contact Details (email and/or phone number) and Home and/or Business Address
– A Login and Password related to your Account with us
Why do we collect your data?
We require the collection of your personal information for service delivery and billing purposes related to your on-site user experience as well as any queries you may place with us and/or products you may purpose. We may also collect your personal information when you contact us via phone, a contact form, email or a local trade contact. This includes but is not limited to, questions about products, deliveries, returns, complaints, survey responses, competition responses and general questions about our catalogue.
We will always ask your permission to use your personal data to send you marketing and promotion-related materials. These include, but are not limited to, voucher codes, event information, emails and promotions. You can give your permission to sign up to our newsletter via our ‘sign up to our newsletter’ field in our website footer. Please note that you have the right to withdraw your permission at any time.
How can you withdraw your consent;
- By logging into your account and updating your ‘account settings’
- By emailing us directly via: dataprotection@aampglobal,com
- By calling our customer service team or filling out the contact us form on this website
- By writing to us at Data Protection Team, AAMP Global Limited, 25B Woolmer Way, Bordon, Hants, GU35 9QE
Uses made of your data
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
|DATA PURPOSE||LEGAL BASIS|
|to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;||legitimate interest. To ensure we offer you the best quality service|
|to develop and improve the services which we offer;||legitimate interest. To ensure we offer you the best quality service|
|to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;||legitimate interest and only applicable once you’ve given us your permission to do so. To create a personalised and relevant experience when you visit us online|
|to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us;||necessity by contract. To meet our obligations, we will use your personal information e.g. for the completion of an order|
|to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;||legitimate interest and only applicable once you’ve given us your permission to do so. To create a personalised and relevant experience when you visit us online|
|to notify you about changes to our service;||legitimate interest. To make you proactively aware of any changes that may affect you|
|to address any claims, you might make against us; and||legitimate interest. To address properly all claims and resolve them accordingly|
|to protect against fraud and criminal activity.||legitimate interest. To protect against unlawful activities. E.g. when a court asks us to do so|
4.1. Third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers or others (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
4.2. Fraud prevention:
In order to protect our customers and ourselves from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other group companies, and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection.
Where and how long do we store your personal data?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5.1. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in sections 736 and 736A of the UK Companies Act 1985.
5.2. Time your data is kept
We must keep your information for as long as it is necessary to complete our obligations under any contract made. This includes, but is not limited to, order fulfilment and the anticipation of returns according to your returns right.
We keep the information for anyone who still has outstanding obligations under any contract made. This includes, but is not limited to, outstanding invoices and investigating fraud cases.
We delete all cookies related to our website and your browser experience every 30 days.
We keep your personal information in our back-end system for a max. of 38 months. After this, all data is automatically anonymised.
You have the right to ask us;
- Not to process your personal information
- To be sent a copy of the personal information we keep of you
- To correct any personal information that is incorrect or outdated
- To remove your personal information when you wish us to delete your information after we have no more necessarily need to keep it
- To stop sending you marketing materials and promotions
You can exercise your right by contacting us at email@example.com or via any of the means below. If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal data, you can file a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). Contact details are provided below.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, resellers, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. You are responsible for the personal data you submit to these websites.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our website.